How do I organize my payroll instructions?
Assigning a sort order to payroll instructions
The system allows for the assignment of a "sort order" for each payroll instruction. Earnings, Benefits, and Deductions will always stay within their respective categories, but within each category, the sorting will be based on the number assigned (from left to right) and if more than one for a sort order exists, then alphabetically.
As a default, all payroll instructions are sorted at 0, so they sort alphabetically. This tutorial will outline how to assign sort order numbers to a payroll instruction. You may want to map out how you would like it to look in advance, and you may want to create a buffer by increasing by 2 (which allows you to add a new instruction at a later date if required).
- In the Payroll menu on the left-hand side, click Payroll.
- Click Payroll Setup.
- Stay on the Payroll Instructions tab, and find the payroll instruction you want to add a sort order number to. If you want to organize your entire input sheet, you will likely have to attach a sort order to all your payroll instructions, so the next few steps will be repeated.
- Click Edit on the payroll instruction you wish to edit.
Scroll down to the Payroll Input Sheet
section. Enter the Sort order
- Scroll down to Reason for Modification, enter a reason for the change, and click Save to update your changes.
How to add payroll instructions
Adding a provider level payroll instruction 1. Select Payroll from the side menu, and click on Payroll Setup. 2. Choose the button Add Payroll Instruction from Provider Library. 3. Select the payroll instruction you need from the list available in ...
Retirement Allowance and Severance Pay payroll instructions
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Revenu Québec (RQ) regulations state that severance pay and retiring allowances must use the non-periodic lump sum method to calculate tax. A new payroll instruction, Severance Pay, is added to Rise payroll ...
How to create a benefit pay code
Add a new payroll instruction (earning or benefit) 1. Navigate to Payroll, then click on Payroll Setup. 2. In the Payroll Instructions tab, click on Add New Earning/Benefit. Options within the setup screen 1. The first section is titled Details. You ...
How to add WCB Employer Contribution Payroll Instructions for a province
1. Select Payroll from the top menu and click on Payroll Setup. 2. Select Add Payroll Instruction from Provider Library. 3. Scroll down to the Employer Contributions section and select the WCB employer contribution payroll instruction relevant to the ...
How to manage payroll specifications for an employee
If a payroll instruction exists for your company as a whole, it is set up in one of two ways; applicable to all employees, or applicable to only those it is added to. If set up as applicable to all employees, the payroll instruction will appear as a ...