How do I send and save ROEs?

How do I send and save ROEs?

Send a copy to Service Canada

Once you have completed an ROE for one of your employees, click Finalize.

We will send the ROE to Service Canada within 1 business day. 

Keep a copy of the ROE

If you would like to keep a finalized copy of the ROE, click Print.

This will open the ROE in a new tab where you can Save as a PDF or Print. Our system keeps a copy on file for a minimum of 7 years.

What about my employee?

It is not required by Service Canada to give a copy of the ROE to the employee when it is completed electronically. If your employee would like to see their ROE, they can login to their Service Canada account here. 

You can also save a copy of the ROE and send it to your employee by email, or print a copy out and provide it in paper format.

    • Related Articles

    • How to amend a finalized ROE

      1. Navigate to Payroll, then click ROE in the sidebar. ​ 2. On the Record of Employment page, find the ROE you want to amend. To view only finalized ROEs, click Change next to RECORD OF EMPLOYMENT FILTER, then move Finalized to the Assigned column. ...
    • What is a Record of Employment (ROE)?

      What is a ROE? A Record of Employment (ROE) is a form that employers complete and file to Service Canada at the end of an employee's service. This is for the employee in the event that they stop working and experience an interruption in earnings. ...
    • How to issue an ROE

      There are two ways you can generate an ROE for your staff. Both work equally well, so feel free to use whichever is easiest for you! Creating an ROE through the ROE tab 1. In Payroll, select the ROE option in the side menu. 2. In the dropdown that ...
    • Why do I get the ROE error: "last day for which paid must be within final pay period"

      What does it mean?  Commonly this is pointing to the fact that the final day that the employee worked (and should be paid for) is after their last payment. Sometimes this happens when an employee is paid their final pay a few days before their last ...
    • How to Issue ROEs from Your Old Provider

      When you switch over to Rise it is helpful to issue ROEs through your old payroll provider, so that you don't need to manually add old payroll history in order to meet Service Canada's required number of pay periods ('one year plus one pay period'). ...