How do I specify what departments my employee works in?
Managing department assignments
- Navigate to the employee's profile and click on "Compensation".
- Scroll down to the section titled Payroll Departments, and click on "Manage Department Assignments".
- Assign a new department by moving it from the Available box to the Assigned box by double clicking it, or by selecting it and using the arrows in the center. Specify which of the assigned departments is the primary department by specifying it as the "Home Department" below. The home department represents the primary cost center for this employee, and if it is changing you will have the option to transition their compensation over to the new department (check box below).
- Click "Save" to save your changes. If this employee is on a pre-existing input sheet, you will have to remove them and add them back on to update these settings.
How to add a department
1. Navigate to Payroll, then click on your organization's name in the top right-hand corner. 2. Click on the Payroll Departments tab. 3. Click Add a Department. 4. Enter the following details and click Save: Code: Enter a unique department code. ...
How to add an employee to Payroll
Adding a new employee to the system Click "Employees" in the left-hand menu. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "Add Employee". You will start on the demographics tab of the Employee Maintenance page. Most of the information is ...
How to adjust accruals for an employee
Note: if you have a large number of adjustments to make, contact our support team for an import spreadsheet. This process is useful if you have one or two changes to make. Adjusting an employee's accrual balance Navigate to the employee's profile and ...
How do I update employee contact information?
Adding an employee contact point Navigate to the employee's profile and click on "Contact Points". Click "Edit" on a pre-existing entry, or click "Add Contact Point". 3. Select what kind of contact this is. 4. Add the value (contact information) and ...
How to configure tax settings for an employee
What is the system default? Without any adjustments made, the system will assume all of your employees are claiming the Basic Personal Amount for their region for this year at a federal and provincial level. This is typically the correct setup, but ...