How to add payroll instructions
Adding a provider level payroll instruction
1. Select "Payroll" from the side menu, and click on "Payroll Setup."
2. Choose the button "Add Payroll Instruction from Provider Library."
3. Select the payroll instruction you need from the list available in the drop-down menu.
4. The provider payroll instruction Pay in Lieu (Dollars) with an input type money, increases insurable earnings for the Record of Employment but does not increase insurable hours. These amounts are not Quebec Pensionable.
5. By default, the payroll instruction will be set to "enabled" and not set to override the default properties. If you do want to override the default properties, see details on what these options mean in the custom payroll instruction creation articles. These settings can also be changed at any time.
6. Scroll to the bottom and click "Save". You have successfully added this payroll instruction to your organization.
How to create a custom payroll instruction
For more customized instructions, please find tutorials for earnings, benefits, or deductions. At any time, you can also ask our support team to assist you in making an instruction for your organization.
How to manage payroll specifications for an employee
If a payroll instruction exists for your company as a whole, it is set up in one of two ways; applicable to all employees, or applicable to only those it is added to. If set up as applicable to all employees, the payroll instruction will appear as a ...
How to add payroll instructions to the input sheet
Adding an instruction to the input sheet If a payroll instruction is not scheduled to appear on this run (or potentially not scheduled to appear on any run by default, as is the case with "occasional" payroll instructions) it will be available to add ...
How do I organize my payroll instructions?
Assigning a sort order to payroll instructions The system allows for the assignment of a "sort order" for each payroll instruction. Earnings, Benefits, and Deductions will always stay within their respective categories, but within each category, the ...
Retirement Allowance and Severance Pay payroll instructions
Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and Revenu Québec (RQ) regulations state that severance pay and retiring allowances must use the non-periodic lump sum method to calculate tax. A new payroll instruction, Severance Pay, is added to Rise payroll ...
How to add an employee to Payroll
Adding a new employee to the system Click "Employees" in the left-hand menu. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "Add Employee". You will start on the demographics tab of the Employee Maintenance page. Most of the information is ...