1. In the Payroll menu on the left-hand side, click Payroll
. Next, in the Year End section, click Tax Form Runs
2. Click Amend
beside the year you want to amend. Make sure the original tax form run is filed with the CRA, or you won’t be able to amend. If you amend RL-1 Tax Form, a new line with the RL-1 Amendment information will be displayed on the RL-1 Summary report. The # of Slips
column in RL-1 gives the total number of RL slips for the tax year including the original, amended and cancelled slips, and the total of all amounts in each box of all RL slips, whether or not they are amended.
3. Wait a moment for the new amendment run to generate, then click Edit
4. Under Actions, click Download CSV Tax Form Data
and save it as a CSV file. We recommend saving the original CSV file and making changes on a copy of the CSV file.
5. Next you will need to make changes in the CSV file.
6. Make the T4/ T4A amendments by updating the relevant T4 / T4A boxes on the CSV for the impacted employees requiring adjustments. Do not delete employee tax form data from the CSV file. CRA will process amended tax forms for only those employees with T4/T4A amended data.
7. Save the amended CSV. Review the file for data entry accuracy and navigate back to the same page you downloaded the tax form data from. Under actions, click Upload CSV Tax Form Data
and import the CSV with the amendments.
8. After the CSV has been imported, review the amended T4 run remittance amounts using the CSV file. Next, balance source deduction withholding T4 Boxes 16, 17, 18, 19, 22, 27 to original tax form T4 Summary. If tax, CPP or EI amounts were adjusted (increased) in the amended tax form run, you are required to self remit to CRA to avoid penalties. Please note CRA does not require an Amended T4/T4A Summary.
9. Do the same for T4A runs if applicable.
10. Review the slip(s) by clicking Amended Tax Form Slips Only
11. The tax form delivery format is set as email. Your employees will receive their tax forms in their tax form delivery email. For more information on tax form delivery format of T4s see How to process tax form runs
12. Once you’re done, click Approve
How to send one-off finalized tax forms to your employees
Once you complete your year end in Rise Payroll, you can send employees' tax forms to their work email. Only previous year’s tax forms and current year’s finalized tax forms can be sent. 1. Navigate to Payroll and click the Employees tab. 2. Here ...
How to set up document delivery (electronic statement of earnings and tax forms)
Organization Settings 1. Click your organization’s name in the top right-hand corner, and then click New Employee Default Settings. 2. The Electronic Statement of Earnings (ESOE) Delivery Method and Tax Form Document Delivery Method can be defaulted ...
How to edit Tax Forms
If you have previous YTD data, or have terminated employees prior to using Rise and would like to generate their T4 slips, editing your T4s/T4As requires you to export your tax form data into Excel and then make adjustments to the spreadsheet before ...
How to download important reports
How to download Payroll Register Reports 1. Navigate to Payroll, then click on the Reports tab. 2. Under the Standard Reports tab, you’ll find the payroll register report under the Payroll Reports section, click on Payroll Register. 3. Select the ...
How to set up Federal Personal Tax Credits
We have enhanced the way our system is able to handle how you process Federal Personal Tax Credits. Previously, tax credited was based on a static amount of $13,229.00. We have recently made changes to our system to provide Federal Personal Tax ...