How to reconcile benefits
To reconcile both cash and non-cash benefits, we recommend reviewing employees who receive benefits and how much they should have paid. This only applies to customers who do not use Rise as their benefits broker.
1. Click Reports, then Custom Reports to access the custom reporting section.
2. Start from the report called Pay Runs.
3. Select the entire year as your date range, and then click Submit.
4. Click on Filter and enter the information as below, then click Add.
Filter Column = Type
Comparison = Contains
Value = Benefit
5. Click on Aggregate and enter the information as below, then click Add.
Data Column = Amount
Aggregate Function = Sum
6. Click on Layout and pick which columns you need. We recommend; Name, Employee Code, Payroll Instruction, and Amount.
7. Click on Group and enter each grouping category below, clicking Add in between each selection. Ensure you have Exclude Detail Rows checked.
8. You now have a report outlining the totals per employee for all benefits for the year. If you compare this against your benefit carriers data, you will be able to correct any potential discrepancies prior to closing the year.
For Mileage reconciliation, you can run a report very similar to the one above. Instead of using the filter to show only benefits, you can use the Filter function to show only your mileage instructions.
How to close the year
Before you close the year, you must be absolutely sure that you are finished paying employees for the year. Once the year is closed, it cannot be opened. The year must be closed in order to process payroll for the new year. Please do not close the ...
How to send one-off finalized tax forms to your employees
Once you complete your year end in Rise Payroll, you can send employees' tax forms to their work email. Only previous year’s tax forms and current year’s finalized tax forms can be sent. 1. Navigate to Payroll and click the Employees tab. 2. Here ...
When are employees eligible for EI benefits due to COVID-19
If an employee is taking care of a family member who has tested positive for COVID-19 they can apply for Family Caregiver or Compassionate Care EI benefits with Service Canada. Family caregiver benefits provide: Up to 35 weeks for taking care of a ...
How to process tax form runs
Prior to processing year end tax forms, you must complete the following steps: 1. Close the previous year. For details on how to close the previous year, check out our article on How to close the year. 2. Find your T4 remittance balance from the CRA. ...
How to amend tax forms
1. Navigate to Payroll, then, under Payroll, click Tax Form Runs. 2. Click Amend beside the year you want to amend. Make sure the original tax form run is filed with the CRA, or you won’t be able to amend. If you amend RL-1 Tax Form, a new line with ...