How to send one-off finalized tax forms to your employees
Once you complete your year end in Rise Payroll, you can send employees' tax forms to their work email. Only previous year’s tax forms and current year’s finalized tax forms can be sent.
1. Navigate to Payroll and click the Employees tab.
2. Here you’ll see a list of your employees. To view and send an employee’s tax form, select the employee name and click Edit.
3. Click the Document Delivery tab and navigate to Tax Form Delivery field. Here, the employee’s work email must be configured as the tax form delivery email.
4. To change an employee’s tax form delivery email, click Edit. You can drag and drop the email from the Available column to the Assigned column. Once completed, click Save.
5. Click the Reports tab, navigate to the Tax Form field, and click the dropdown. To send a tax form to an employee, select from the list and click Send Tax Form.
How to process tax form runs
Prior to processing year end tax forms, you must complete the following steps: 1. Close the previous year. For details on how to close the previous year, check out our article on How to close the year. 2. Find your T4 remittance balance from the CRA. ...
How to amend tax forms
1. Navigate to Payroll, then, under Payroll, click Tax Form Runs. 2. Click Amend beside the year you want to amend. Make sure the original tax form run is filed with the CRA, or you won’t be able to amend. If you amend RL-1 Tax Form, a new line with ...
How to close the year
Before you close the year, you must be absolutely sure that you are finished paying employees for the year. Once the year is closed, it cannot be opened. The year must be closed in order to process payroll for the new year. Please do not close the ...
How to download important Payroll reports
How to download Payroll Register Reports 1. Navigate to Payroll, then click on the Reports tab. 2. Under the Standard Reports tab, you’ll find the payroll register report under the Payroll Reports section, click on Payroll Register. 3. Select the ...
How to edit tax forms
If you have previous YTD data, or have terminated employees prior to using Rise and would like to generate their T4 slips, editing your T4s/T4As requires you to export your tax form data into Excel and then make adjustments to the spreadsheet before ...