1. To complete your Summary of Source Deductions and Employer Contributions (RLZ-1.S-V) section, you’ll need to put together additional information that is specific to your organization and outside of your payroll with Rise.
2. To access RL-1 Summary report of your organization in Rise Payroll, navigate to Reports and click Custom Reports. Under Organization Reports, you’ll see the RL-1 Summary report. This report is set up to help you complete the RL-1 Summary for your organization.
3. Global Payroll: Revenu Québec (RQ) asks for this information to determine your HSF (Health Service Funds) contribution rate. Your global payroll will include all salaries and wages paid throughout the taxation year for your Canadian payroll and all other associated organizations across the globe.
4. Contribution to the Workforce Skills Development and Recognition Fund (WSDRF): If your Québec payroll is over $2,000,000, complete the Work Chart for Eligible Training Expenditures which can be found on the second page of the form. You’ll also need your training expenditure amounts from the previous year if it’s being carried forward.
Note: You’ll have to submit a RLZ-1.S-V if you have an active business number with Revenu Quebec else RQ will consider it as a non-submission, and charge interest and penalty fees. This is required even if you didn't have Québec employees during the year.
5. CNESST Summary: A letter called Statement of Wages 2020 / Déclaration des Salaires 2020 will be sent to you by CNESST. Based on your preference settings with CNESST, you’ll receive the letter through mail or online. There will be a user ID and a temporary password on the letter which will allow you to submit your 2020 summary.
Please ensure that you submit your summaries by the deadlines specified in the documents received from Revenu Québec/CNESST in order to avoid any penalty and interest charges.
To learn more about how to process tax form runs in Rise, check out our How to process Tax Form runs