How to import a CSV file into the input sheet
Export as CSV
2. Enter the input sheet by clicking Input Sheet.
3. Click Export as CSV. You will be downloading a file and depending on computer settings may be prompted for a save location. If not, it will be saved in your downloads folder.
Making changes in a CSV input sheet
Do not make changes to columns A through L. This represents the employee data and must exist for you to import the file again. You can hide columns you don't require.
You can delete or remove the columns after Column L. These are easily identifiable as they have two heading rows and represent the individual payroll instructions. If there are payroll instructions you won't be editing in the exported file, you can remove them to ensure they are not accidentally altered.
You can delete any of the rows after the heading row. If there are employees you will not be editing, you may want to remove them to ensure the data is not edited.
The file must be saved as a .csv to be successfully imported back into the system.
Import a CSV
1. Enter the input sheet for the pay run in question.
2. Click Import.
3. You will be returned to the Process Payroll page and will see CSV Queued for Import and a progress bar. Once complete, you can re-enter the input sheet to see your updates - the boxes that were updated will be highlighted with a blue background.
There are a few ways the CSV may not import:
How to add payroll instructions to the input sheet
Adding an instruction to the input sheet If a payroll instruction is not scheduled to appear on this run (or potentially not scheduled to appear on any run by default, as is the case with "occasional" payroll instructions) it will be available to add ...
What does the "Regenerate" button do on the input sheet?
You may have seen the Regenerate button on your input sheet and wondered, "What are the implications of pressing it?" Thankfully, there is a warning that pops-up and details all the affects this button has, but we'll also reiterate them below. Any ...
How to refresh or remove an employee on the input sheet
Refreshing employee information If you make any changes to an employee's profile after you have created the input sheet, you will need to "refresh" the employee by removing them from the input sheet and adding them back in. When you refresh an ...
How to add overtime hours to the input sheet
1. Navigate to Payroll, then under Payroll, click Process Payroll / Review Payroll History. 2. Open the Input Sheet of the pay run you want to add overtime hours to. 3. Add each employee's overtime hours in the OT HOURLY PAY column.
How to filter or group the input sheet
How to group the input sheet By default, the input sheet will be grouped by employee. This means the list on the left displays each employee (with multiple lines if they have multiple departments) and is organized alphabetically. You can also group ...