How to import a CSV file into the input sheet
Export as CSV
- Create a regular or ad-hoc pay run.
- Enter the input sheet by clicking the Input Sheet.
- Click Export as CSV. You will be downloading a file and depending on computer settings may be prompted for a save location. If not, it will be saved in your downloads folder.
Making changes in a CSV input sheet
- Do not make changes to columns A through L. This represents the employee data and must exist for you to import the file again. You can hide columns you don't require.
- You can delete or remove the columns after Column L. These are easily identifiable as they have two heading rows and represent the individual payroll instructions. If there are payroll instructions you won't be editing in the exported file, you can remove them to ensure they are not accidentally altered.
- You can delete any of the rows after the heading row. If there are employees you will not be editing, you may want to remove them to ensure the data is not edited.
- The file must be saved as a .csv to be successfully imported back into the system.
Import a CSV
- Enter the input sheet for the pay run in question.
- Click Import.
- You will be returned to the Process Payroll page and will see CSV Queued for Import and a progress bar. Once complete, you can re-enter the input sheet to see your updates - the boxes that were updated will be highlighted with a blue background.
There are a few ways the CSV may not import:
- You get an error when you try to Import the CSV. First, please read the error - it will indicate changes you need to make to the format or information in the CSV in order to upload it successfully. If you make the necessary changes and continue to receive the error please contact our support team and we will be happy to help.
- Once you've uploaded the CSV, you enter the input sheet and no cells are blue (and no data is showing). This means the input sheet did not successfully upload. Look above the employees' names and click Errors/Warnings report. This report may indicate the issue that stopped the CSV from uploading. If you make the necessary changes and continue to experience the same issue, or if the report is empty, please contact our support team and we will be happy to help.
How to add payroll instructions to the input sheet
Adding an instruction to the input sheet If a payroll instruction is not scheduled to appear on this run (or potentially not scheduled to appear on any run by default, as is the case with "occasional" payroll instructions) it will be available to add ...
What does the "Regenerate" button do on the input sheet?
You may have seen the Regenerate button on your input sheet and wondered, "What the implications of pressing it?" Thankfully, there is a warning that pops-up and details all the affects this button has, but we'll also reiterate them below. Any data ...
How to filter or group the input sheet
How to group the input sheet By default, the input sheet will be grouped by employee. This means the list on the left displays each employee (with multiple lines if they have multiple departments) and is organized alphabetically. You can also group ...
How to remove statutory holiday pay from the input sheet
When a statutory holiday falls within a pay period, a payroll instruction will automatically be added to the input sheet for that holiday. Statutory holiday pay can be removed for individual employees in the input sheet or removed entirely if your ...
How to resend a pay-stub
Resending a pay stub Ensure the employee's delivery settings are accurate using the information in our article How to set up document delivery (electronic statement of earnings and tax forms). Click Input Sheet on the pay run that the pay-stub was ...