How to preview T4s before closing the year
1. Click Payroll, then click Mid-Year Review under Remittance Auditing.
2. A new tab will open with the heading Mid-Year Review. Click on Prepare New next to this year's entry.
3. A pop up will appear asking for which date you want to preview data. If you select a date in the past, all data up until that date (pay date) will be included. If your date is current or in the future, all data for this year will be included.
4. After it generates your request, click Review to access your Preview of the Tax form runs.
5. You will have one entry per RP account. Click Edit to review the run you want to reconcile or preview.
6. You will also have all the information available to you that exists during tax season and can review and adjust this information. If you are ready to run your real T4 run (after closing the year), check out our article on How to process tax form runs.
How to close the year
Before you close the year, you must be absolutely sure that you are finished paying employees for the year. Once the year is closed, it cannot be opened. The year must be closed in order to process payroll for the new year. Please do not close the ...
How to reconcile benefits
To reconcile both cash and non-cash benefits, we recommend reviewing employees who receive benefits and how much they should have paid. 1. Click Reports, then Custom Reports to access the custom reporting section. 2. Start from the report called Pay ...
How to process tax form runs
Prior to processing year end tax forms, you must complete the following steps: 1. Close the previous year. For details on how to close the previous year, check out our article on How to close the year. 2. Find your T4 remittance balance from the CRA. ...
How to amend tax forms
1. Navigate to Payroll, then, under Payroll, click Tax Form Runs. 2. Click Amend beside the year you want to amend. Make sure the original tax form run is filed with the CRA, or you won’t be able to amend. If you amend RL-1 Tax Form, a new line with ...
How to send one-off finalized tax forms to your employees
Once you complete your year end in Rise Payroll, you can send employees' tax forms to their work email. Only previous year’s tax forms and current year’s finalized tax forms can be sent. 1. Navigate to Payroll and click the Employees tab. 2. Here ...