How do I setup or adjust an employee's compensation?
Add a new, or update a current compensation policy
If this employee is brand new and has no existing compensation policy, there are just a few steps to complete.
- Navigate to the employee maintenance page.
- Click on "Compensation".
- Scroll down the page and you will see the Payroll Departments section. Ensure the employee has at least one department assigned. Click "Add Compensation Policy" if no existing compensation policies exist, or click "Edit" on the current policy if you wish to adjust it.
Select the department to which this policy applies. If only one department exists, it will auto-populate.
There are three compensation types:
- For salary employee's, click "Salary" and add both the Annual Salary and Avg. Hours in a Pay Period.
For hourly employee's with a standard rate click "Hourly Wage", select "Standard Rate", and then choose the applicable rate from the
- For hourly employee's with a custom rate click "Hourly Wage", select "Custom Rate" and then enter the applicable rate.
- Choose the effective date for this compensation change, and click "Save".
Notes for unique situations
- You will only be able to date compensation changes within the current pay period or in the future. If you need assistance with a retroactive payment, please contact our support team.
- If an employee requires both an hourly and a salary rate, enter both as separate policies.
- If an employee's pay is split between two departments, add both as separate policies. If they are salary, the combined annual salary should reflect their true earnings, and the combined average hours should reflect the real hours they work in a pay period.
- If you'd like to switch an employee from one type of policy (e.g. standard hourly rate) to another type of policy (e.g. custom hourly rate) you will need to delete the old policy and add the new one fresh.
How to add a standard rate to your organization
What is a standard rate? A standard rate is a "rate classification". When you add a new employee, instead of choosing "custom hourly rate", you would choose a rate class to be applied to this employee. When that rate class gets a raise, each employee ...
How to add an employee to Payroll
Adding a new employee to the system Click "Employees" in the left-hand menu. Scroll down to the bottom of the page. Click "Add Employee". You will start on the demographics tab of the Employee Maintenance page. Most of the information is ...
How to adjust accruals for an employee
Note: if you have a large number of adjustments to make, contact our support team for an import spreadsheet. This process is useful if you have one or two changes to make. Adjusting an employee's accrual balance Navigate to the employee's profile and ...
How to update an employee employment status
Updating an employee's status Navigate to the employee's profile, select the "Compensation" tab, and click on "Change Employment Status". In the pop up that appears enter the following information: New Status: Select from the drop down what the new ...
How do custom reports work?
Opening a custom report Select Reports on the side menu and choose the Custom Reports tab. Click on any custom report to view or edit. To see a detailed list of which data is included in each report, check out our article on What information is in ...