How to process a manual cheque
Creating an appropriate pay run
You need to attach this information to a pay run. If the payment is a one-off such as a bonus or termination pay, you will want to create an off-scheduled run. Off-schedule (or Ad-Hoc) runs allow you to add only the employee's and payroll instructions you need. If the payment is a regular pay for the whole pay period, you will want to create a regularly scheduled run. Regular pay runs include all employees and all expected payments for the pay period.
- Click here to learn how to create an off-schedule run
- Click here to learn how to create a regularly scheduled run
Once you have a pay run created, and you have entered the input sheet, you are ready to record the manual cheque payment.
Recording a manual cheque payment
- Enter all earnings that will be paid on this manual cheque, as well as any relevant benefits or deductions.
- On the input sheet, click "Add Payroll Instructions".
- In the pop-up that appears, move the "Manual Cheque" instruction from the left side to the right using the arrows in the middle or by double clicking on the instruction. Click "Add" to add this instruction to the input sheet.
- The pay run will take a moment to process. Once available, click back into the input sheet. To the far right there will now be a column titled "Manual Cheque" with zero entries for all employees.
- You need to enter the Net Pay that this employee will be receiving by cheque into this instruction. To find the Net Pay you will want to preview the employee's statement of earnings by clicking the arrow next to the employee's name and selecting "Preview Statement of Earnings".
- After entering the net amount into the Manual Cheque instruction, preview the statement of earnings again. The employee's net pay should now be $0 which means Rise will not be paying this employee.
How to create an ad-hoc pay run
Create Next Regular Payroll Select "Payroll" in the top menu, and click on "Process Payroll / Review Payroll History". Click on "Create ...
How to finish (approve) a pay run
Submitting a pay run This tutorial is for the final steps of this process, you will have already done the following; Created a regular or ad-hoc pay run Entered relevant information for earnings, benefits, and deductions as required The next step is ...
How to add payroll instructions to the input sheet
Adding an instruction to the input sheet If a payroll instruction is not scheduled to appear on this run (or potentially not scheduled to appear on any run by default, as is the case with "occasional" payroll instructions) it will be available to add ...
How to change an ad-hoc payroll pay date
Determining an appropriate pay date When you create an ad-hoc pay run, you specify the pay date. Just like your regular payroll, Rise needs three banking days to process ad-hoc pay runs. If you approve the pay run on Monday before 10am PST the ...
How to view and change your pay date
Viewing pay schedule Click "Payroll" in the top menu, and "Payroll Setup" under the Payroll heading. Select "Pay ...