How to set up document delivery (electronic statement of earnings and tax forms)
1. Click your organization’s name in the top right-hand corner, and then click New Employee Default Settings.
2. The Electronic Statement of Earnings (ESOE) Delivery Method and Tax Form Document Delivery Method can be defaulted to either the Home Email or Work Email. These settings are applicable whenever a new employee is added.
Setting up document delivery
1. Go to the employee’s file (for help with this, check out our How do I access an employee file? article) and click the Document Delivery tab. Click Edit on the document delivery setting you wish to change.
Electronic Statement of Earnings Delivery: This is commonly known as the paystub.
Tax Form Delivery: This includes any T4 or T4A or RL1 forms processed.
2. Next, select the email for delivery under Available and move it to the box on the right by double clicking on it or by selecting it and clicking the arrow pointing to the right.
3. Click Save. Repeat for the other type of document if desired.
Changing the encryption password
The default encryption password is the last four digits of the employee's SIN. In order for the employee to open these documents on delivery, they need to know the encryption password.
1. Go to the employee’s file (for help with this, check out our How do I access an employee file? article) and click the Document Delivery tab. Click Change next to Password.
2. Enter the desired password in both the Password and Confirm Password fields. Click Save to apply these changes.
Note: the employee will not be notified of any changes.
How to process tax form runs
Prior to processing year end tax forms, you must complete the following steps: 1. Close the previous year. For details on how to close the previous year, check out our article on How to close the year. 2. Find your T4 remittance balance from the CRA. ...
How to set up an employee in payroll
Please follow these steps in chronological order before attempting to process payroll. 1. If you created payroll profiles for your employees when you added them to the People Directory, you won’t need to add them again to payroll. However, if you ...
How to amend tax forms
1. Navigate to Payroll, then, under Payroll, click Tax Form Runs. 2. Click Amend beside the year you want to amend. Make sure the original tax form run is filed with the CRA, or you won’t be able to amend. If you amend RL-1 Tax Form, a new line with ...
How to send one-off finalized tax forms to your employees
Once you complete your year end in Rise Payroll, you can send employees' tax forms to their work email. Only previous year’s tax forms and current year’s finalized tax forms can be sent. 1. Navigate to Payroll and click the Employees tab. 2. Here ...
How to add an employee to Payroll
To add an employee to Payroll, you will have to follow a different set of steps depending on which Rise features your organization uses. My organization only uses Rise Payroll If your organization only uses Payroll, you can add employees directly ...